Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Those You Surround Yourself With

"In life you will find people who are selfish, hateful, and inconsiderate. You can't change people, but you can change how much they are a part of your life." ~Author Unknown

This quote is smooth to my ears. There came a distinct moment in my life when I can recall coming to this realization. We do not have to be held in contempt or bondage under anyone's negativity or bullying, for lack of a better term. Sometimes this may mean that we have to be the "outcast," but the result that comes far surpasses what we might think will be loneliness. Negative people are so toxic... as cliche as it sounds, "misery loves company." I refuse to be a part of fostering that kind of energy, if I can help it. There is great cleansing that comes with removing draining people from one's life... it is a liberating thing. "You can't change people, but you can change how much they are a part of your life." Completely true!

1 comment:

Thanks for keeping up with me! (;